5 Signs Your Air Conditioning System May Need Repair
Almost everyone looks forward to sunny, warm summertime weather, but most people don’t want to think about their air conditioning systems breaking down when the outside temperatures are on the rise. Unfortunately, when the weather is at its hottest is when your home’s air conditioning system may start to struggle. That’s because it’s working harder than usual to keep your home cool and comfortable. As a result, small problems with your air conditioning system can become bigger ones once a heatwave strikes.
If you’re concerned that your air conditioning system isn’t working as well as it should, and may need repair, there are a few indications that can help you know if you should call for service. In this article, we’ll share five signs that your AC system may be giving you that signify it may be headed for a breakdown.
To learn more, call or click here:
When to Call for AC Repair: 5 Signs that Signal a Problem
- The airflow is poor. If you have very little airflow coming through your air conditioning vents, or if the air coming through your vents isn’t properly cooled, this indicates a problem with your system. It can be something as simple as an obstruction in your vent, or it can be a more complex problem, like compressor failure.
- The temperature seems “off”. You may notice certain areas of your home are cold, but others are not. Or, you may notice a variance in what your thermostat is set on compared to the actual room temperature. In these instances, there might not be a problem with your air conditioning system at all, but with your ductwork or your thermostat. It’s still important that you have your system checked out.
- Your AC is making unusual noises. All air conditioning systems make some noise when they operate. However, if you’re hearing grinding or squealing sounds, that signals a problem inside your unit. Grinding sounds can mean motor problems, and squealing sounds can mean a belt is out of place.
- There is moisture around your system. Water pools near or around your system are often indicators that the drain tube that eliminates condensation from your system is broken or clogged. This can cause problems like excessive mold growth inside your unit – and nobody wants that.
- There are strange smells coming from your AC system. If you’re noticing a pungent, burning odor, it’s important that you shut your system down and call for service right away. That’s because it can mean there is an electrical malfunction in your system. If you’re noticing musty odors when your system operates, there is likely mold inside your unit or ductwork.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to call Trademasters to help.
Many of these air conditioning problems can be remedied in a timely fashion, which is why you should call us as soon as you notice them. That’s because if you wait, they may lead to larger issues that require much more expensive repairs, or in some unfortunate instances, system replacement.
At Trademasters, we’re ready to help you with your air conditioning repair needs. Our highly skilled technicians are able to troubleshoot virtually any type of air conditioning system, and get you the repair services you need. Give us a call at (703) 644-6400 or contact us online, and we will be glad to set up an appointment