Signs Your Heating System May Need Repair
During the chilly winter months, you turn to your home heating system to stay comfy and cozy. That’s why it’s so important to make sure that your furnace, boiler, or heat pump system is ready for the cooler temperatures. The best way to do that is by scheduling heating maintenance each fall, so your HVAC technician can check out your system and take care of any small problems before they become larger ones.
Even with the best maintenance, you will on occasion need heating system repairs. Signs that your heating system is not functioning efficiently are sometimes hard for a homeowner to spot. If you relate to any of the following issues, it may be time to call a professional to assess if heating repairs are needed.
To learn more, call or click here:
5 Common Symptoms Signaling Your Heater Needs Servicing
Many times, people have an idea that their heating system isn’t working as well as it should. Most likely, there have been a few warning signs that the heating system is having issues. Usually, it comes down to how comfortable it is making your home, and how efficiently it’s operating. Here are a few ways you can tell if your heating system might be headed for a breakdown:
- Whoa! Your energy bills have risen dramatically! If you’ve noticed a hefty increase in your energy bills for no apparent reason, it could be a sign that your heating system is not functioning efficiently. Call your HVAC contractor to troubleshoot the problem. The remedy could be something as simple as a clogged filter.
- It’s Cold in here! If you’re cranking up the thermostat and not feeling more comfortable, or if some spots in your home stay cool even when the heating system is operating, signs point to a problem with your ductwork, thermostat, or heating system.
- What is that noise? Most heating systems make some noise upon starting and stopping. But if you’re hearing screeching, banging, or grinding noises coming from your heating system, it’s a pretty good indication that there’s a problem with one of your system’s components, such as a fan or motor.
- What stinks? If you’re noticing a melting plastic or burning rubber odor coming from your heating system, there is definitely a problem that should get addressed as soon as possible. It is very likely that your system needs repair or tune-up services.
- Your heat pump’s compressor is short cycling. Not every heating system uses a compressor, but if you have a heat pump, ductless, or dual fuel system in your home, it likely uses a compressor. Short cycling can cause of damage to your system and should be remedied as soon as possible.
If you need repairs for your heating system, count on Trademasters to help.
Don’t wait until your heating system stops working – if you suspect there is a problem, give us a call! You can rely on the professionals at Trademasters to bring you the best in customer service and quality heating products. Simply give us a call at 800-644-6400 or contact us online, and we will be more than happy to schedule an appointment with you to discuss your residential heating repair needs.