Now that the warmer weather has returned and summer is on its way, many people are starting to think about the sunny days ahead. It’s that time of year when people enjoy spending time outdoors having fun in the sun… and returning to a cool, comfortable home at the end of the day. That’s why it’s so important to make sure your home’s air conditioning system is ready for summer before the heat sets in.
What can you do as a homeowner to make sure your AC system is ready to beat the heat this summer? In this article, we’ll share some practical tips on how you can ensure your air conditioner is ready for the warmer weather ahead, and how Trademasters can assist you. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Ways to Ensure Your AC System is Summer-Ready
- Clean up around the outdoor unit. The outdoor portion of your home’s AC system is subjected to weather events, vegetation growth, and even pests such as insects and rodents. It’s a good idea to clean around your outdoor unit. Make sure any leaves, debris, and nests have been removed around the unit.
- Check the coolant lines. These are tubes that run from the outdoor unit to the indoor unit and are usually covered with foam insulation sleeves to help keep them from losing energy. If you notice any of the insulation damaged or missing, you’ll want to replace it. You can usually find foam insulation sleeves at your local home improvement store.
- Make sure registers and vents are dust-free. The cooled air from your air conditioning system circulates throughout your home either through your registers or if you have a ductless system, through each indoor unit’s vents. Clear any dust, dirt, or other particulates from your registers and vents before the cooling season starts.
- Change your air filter. A dirty air filter will reduce the efficiency of your air conditioner and cause it to work harder than necessary, leading to higher energy bills. Replace or clean the filter regularly during peak cooling season for optimal performance. If you’re not sure where your air filter is located or how to change it, Trademasters can help.
- Schedule seasonal maintenance. One of the best ways you can ensure your air conditioning system will be ready for the summer weather is by scheduling seasonal maintenance. It’s a good idea to get your AC system inspected and tuned up each spring – it helps keep your AC system operating effectively and efficiently, and it may even help it last longer, too.
Trademasters can help you get the air conditioning maintenance you need.
At Trademasters, we offer preventive residential air conditioning maintenance plans for all types of cooling systems and units. Having regularly scheduled air conditioning system maintenance work done is a small, preventive step that can have a big impact on your home’s temperature consistency, performance, and overall energy efficiency. It can also save you from the unplanned cost of an air conditioning system malfunction. Just give us a call at 703-644-6400 and we’ll be happy to tell you more about our maintenance plans and schedule an appointment with you.